1. 3 beauty products you purchase again and again?
Ere Perez almond oil mascara
Burts Bees tinted lip balm
Ere Perez cheek tint
2. Pull one thing out of your handbag – what is it?
3. One thing that has made you smile today?
4. (Finish this sentence) I am inspired by….
People who pull themselves up when they hit rock bottom or are going through a tough time
5. Favourite websites/ blogs / cant stop browsing pages…
Spell designs, gumtree
6. Celebrity crush?
My partner Grant Lyndon is my celebrity Crush… Well he is the voice of a few TV shows!
7. Secret talent?
Champion Shot putter
8. Signature scent?
Essential Blend Natural Perfume
9. 3 random things about you?
I grew up on a pigfarm
I am a certified Hypnotherapist
I love honey
10. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a nurse.
Tell us a little about yourself and what made you start Vanessa Megan?
I have always had an affinity to natural / herbal remedies and I started making products something my best friend Mel said to me. ‘You should never put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t eat’. This was my lightbulb moment and I went out in search of a skin care brand that had no chemicals in it. As there were none at the time (2001) I started making my own. This was the beginning of my quest to really understand what ingredients from nature can really support each skin type and help heal, bring longevity and radiance to he body’s largest organ, our skin, completely naturally.
What is your favourite ingredient in the range? And why?
My goodness there are just so many wonderful ingredients that nature gives us… each one for a different cause. I guess if I had to pick one ingredient at the moment, it would be seabuckthorn oil. It comes in both a seed oil and the fruit oil. It is high in so many vitamins and combined with other ingredients, makes for one of the most healing / anti-ageing oils I have ever come across.
Favourite 3 products from the range?
- Without a doubt our N.E.O oil. (Nature’s Elixir Oil) this is a face oil which contains seabuckthorn oil. It is high in the anti-ageing vitamins A&E and healing oils of P, K & Zinc. This product is an absolute must have for my beauty bag!
- Petitgrain Cleanser! This cleanser is a cream cleanser, so it is gentle and hydrating on my skin, PLUS it takes off makeup so easily, especially eye makeup, without stinging your eyes!
- Every body Balm – I use this balm on literally everything. From bites, to dry elbows, heels, knees, to any psoriasis or eczema problems, to my daughters nappy rash (also comes in the baby bum bum balm) It is a multi purpose healing balm.
Congrats on the arrival of you Bub! What are your top beauty tips or tricks for pregnant woman and mums?
Thankyou, I just LOVE being a Mum to my girl!
My top beauty tips & tricks are to make sure you spend time on your hair when you are feeling a bit run down / over sized / tired. I found that if I just really took the time to blow dry my hair, it would completely change how I felt. I know it sounds weird, but it made me feel fresh and good about myself. I also loved using our Mummy’s Tummy Oil on my belly to help the skin stay elastic to avoid stretch marks or crepey skin after bubba was born. It is a wonder oil, I got quite large and didn’t get one stretch mark. It was the only thing I used on my skin.
What has been your ‘stand-out’ moment since launching the brand?
Our stand out moment has been when we were nominated for Pop Sugar’s beauty awards for two of our products last month. Also when we won Nature & Healths beauty awards in 2013 for best body wash for our Blood Orange Body Wash. Very exciting!
Where do you hope Vanessa Megan to be in the next year or two?
Now that we are establishing ourselves in the Australian market, we have been receiving a lot of overseas interest, so the next year or two will be about creating relationships with distributors in America, Japan and Europe and taking the next steps to export to these countries.
Want to learn more about the brand? Check out their website and become friends with them on social media – you wont regret it!