I love me anything candy or pastel coloured. I think it is my inner child (or quite possibly, I was a Magpie in a previous life): I am just drawn to pretty and shiny things. So, I am pretty excited to show you this deliciously violet straightener from the Hair Gods themselves: The ghd Candy Styler.
The thing about ghd products is, no matter what product you purchase, you are guaranteed that it will:
a- Last ages
b – delivery you unreal results, every time
And the ghd Candy Styler is no exception. With two ceramic coated plates, your hair is straightened / curled/ styled within seconds, with barely any effort. Because they are rounded, you can be versatile with your look (as you will see in this and my upcoming post), and do not need to invest in a straightener and curler (not to mention, the violet looks ‘oh so chic’ in my Bathroom)
So, today I am bringing you a hair-tutorial, to get you party ready, no matter the season and learn how to curl your hair using a ghd. Because I am not the best at hair doing, I have enlisted the help of my friendling- the ever gorgeous Becky. So lets all give her a round of applause (**clap clap**) as she works her magic with my (seriously in need of a trim and colour) hair!
Righteo, let’s start our ghd engines and put together a ‘Victoria’s Secret Loose curl’ that can be the base of any up-do, or even a half-up-half-down 50’s pin up chic!
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
Apart from a ghd Candy Styler, you will require 3 hair products that will take you from blah, to wallah- and keep it that way.
Umberto Giannini Morning After Dry Shampoo
Sebastian Professional Re Shaper Hair Spray
1. Turn ghd on
2. Section hair using ghd clips (I owned some from a previous ghd I had).
3. Use dry shampoo to mop up any excess oil you may have (using a too oily base means your curl will be ‘too heavy’ and drop)
4. Spritz a thermal spray, to protect your colour. I use ghd heat protection spray. Comb through.
5. Clamp hair halfway down a section/ strand and turn back on itself. Keep at that angle as you move (slowly) down
6. Repeat on all sections.
7. Once all hair is adequately curled, spray/ set with Hairspray.
8. FOR LOOSE CURLS- Flip head forward, and run fingers carefully and loosely through, and season with any funky headpiece or hairband you have!
What ghd do you use?
** I was kindly gifted this ghd for this blog post. This did not influence my opinion on the product because I am a previous user and purchaser of multiple GHD’s in the past 5 years.